Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Noah

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Life of Buddha

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: China Fairy tales

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Great Plains

Week 11: Native American Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: English Tales

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Italian Popular Takes

Week 15: Dante's Inferno


I think the unit I am most excited for is the Greek Unit. The reason for this is because I am a huge Greek fan and love anything and everything that has to do with Greek Gods or stories. Another unit that interest me is the Japanese unit because, as of 3 years ago, I have fallen in love with all different types of Asian films and Japanese happens to be my favorite because of the way they show the action.

Barque of the Sun-God, Ra (2016)

The reason that I chose this image because it shows what I am most excited about.  As a kid I have had a fascination with Gods and Goddess and to this day still do.  I find it interesting to read all the stories about the different Gods and Goddess and find out the different ways they were revered whether it be Egyptian or Greek ones.  It is fascinating how many cultures have different ones they praised and how each one was praised for a specific reason.

Comments

Popular Posts