My Favorite Place and My Second Home: Scottsdale, AZ

Where to begin...if I had to tell everyone what my favorite place in the world was it would have to be Scottsdale, AZ.  There are many reasons for this but the number one is because I have been going out there with my family since I was born and it feels like a second home to me.  Now when most people think of Arizona they think of an unbearable heat and I am here to tell you that it is a dry heat.  So when it is 114 degrees it definitely does not feel that hot because there is almost no humidity out there so it feels closer to 97 or 98 degree weather in Oklahoma.  Also, it is a common misconception that Arizona is just a desert with nothing much to see and that is false.  There are lushes golf courses, great swimming pools, fantastic shopping (the only reason I know that is because my mom insists we go shopping everything we get into town), and great restaurants.

(image information: personal photo took of wild horses, March 13, 2017)
Wild Horses on ATV ride.



Photo of Old Town Scottsdale
(Taken April 10, 2008) Source: Wikipedia


Photo of the Arts District in Scottsdale
(Taken December 9, 2013) Source: Wikipedia

It is amazing to see how much the city has changed since I was younger.  When we first started going out to Scottsdale there were maybe a handful of restaurants and nice shops and now the place has developed so fast in the 26 years that we have been going out there.  My dad loves going golfing out there because the course are so green and beautiful that it honestly looks like a natural wonder against the backdrop of the desert.One of my favorite things to do out there is go ATV riding because you can pick a package that involves shooting different types of weapons and every time my dad and I do that we get to shoot a different weapon.  Also, driving around the open desert is quite beautiful because you never know what you are going to see.  We once saw a little lake out in the middle of the desert and a bunch of wild horse which blew my mind. Other activities that are fun to do is to go to Old Town Scottsdale because they have shops and restaurants that have been around for forever and the way the buildings are structured make it seems like you are living back when Scottsdale was first established. A second favorite activity of mine is to go to the iPic movie theatre.  It is definitely an attraction because they pair two seats together and encapsulate them so that you don't have to be to close to other people.  On top of that you get free popcorn, a blanket, a pillow, and a reclining ship with a flip down cup holder.  Now tell me what could be better!  Honestly, there is just too much to list but hopefully what I have described intrigues you enough that you will give it a visit.

Comments

  1. Oh, I hear you about the Arizona, Andrew: I grew up in Tucson, and I got to have fun outdoors all year long; I loved life in the Sonoran desert! it's the only place I lived where I knew the names of all the plants and the animals because they were so fascinating. Maybe you will use this class as a chance to learn about the Native American storytelling traditions of Arizona; there's a California-Southwest unit in the UnTextbook, and lots of books online; here's the Native American section of the Freebookapalooza. Beautiful Arizona has many beautiful stories to tell! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew! Wow, Arizona sounds incredible. I would be the happiest girl around if I saw WILD horses just chilling and drinking out of a lake in the middle of a desert. That must have been beautiful. I will definitely have to put Arizona on my travel list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,

    I really like your picture of the wild horses. That would be pretty cool to see some in person. I agree with you that just because Arizona is a desert doesn't mean there isn't anything to see. When I drove through there on the highway I could see the details of the city so much clearer from the highway than other places where trees blocked the view.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts