Topic Brain Storm

The Fall of Troy- There are a couple reason that I am interested in this topic.  The first one is that I've always wondered what happened to the city of Troy after it fell and another is was there really a man named Achilles or was that just made up? Also, why would the people of Troy think that their enemies had left after they had almost won?  The only real knowledge I have for this is when I was in high school and read about it and the film called Troy starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom. I think if I were to retell this story I would tell more about the strategy that was involved and the aftermath of the fall of Troy because, I think, a lot of people probably wonder what happened after it fell.
link for resource: Aftermath of the Trojan War

King Arthur-I have been a King Arthur fan since I was a young boy.  I read all the books that I could about King Arthur and his Knights of the Round table.  There is something about the medieval period of time that is just so appealing to me.  I like to visual the graphic journeys they went on or the fights they have had.  I have seen pretty much any movie that relates to King Arthur and would have to saying the best one is Arthur with Clive Owen.  I would like to retell this story with facts about who Arthur really was.  I feel like that King Arthur was a combination of different historical kings of the time period and it would be interesting to find their stories and see how closely they were related to Arthur. Some of the stories I would tell would be  the battles and the love triangle that Arthur, Guinevere, and Lancelot are involved in.
link for resource:8 Facts about King Arthur...

Dante's Inferno- I have always heard about Dante's Inferno but do not know much about it.  All I know is that it is about a man who has to go through the different levels of hell.  I am interested in this topic because I would like to expand my knowledge about it and the themes and symbolism that are included in this story. It seems that this is a good story to focus on since I am heavily religious and feel that it would expand my mind.  I would like to retell this story in a simplistic way so that everyone would be able to understand it because I do know the story is quite long and sophisticated. I feel that the simplified version would be easier for most people to comprehend.

Prometheus:  I feel that this story would be very interesting to follow.  The reason I say this is because it is the only time a God has been really punished for disobeying orders. I think it would intriguing to dive deeper into the story and figure out what his motives were for giving man fire and why he disobeyed his father. I would tell the stories and split them from beginning to the end.  One story could focus on the creation of man and another about him tricking Zeus and his punishment.  I would really like to learn the full story of Prometheus because all I remember is the story about fire.

Boys King Arthur (1922)
Sir Thomas Mallory; Source: Boys King Arthur

Comments

Popular Posts