Story Book Favorites

The first topic that I saw that interested me was the Adventures of Aladdin.  I grew up a big Disney fan but was unaware of the many adventures that he had because Disney only had a couple of movies that dove into Aladdin. I feel that the title did a great job describing what the Storybook was going to be about.  The introduction does a very well job of letting me know how Aladdin first came about and how there were more stories about him than what we know. Just reading the introduction really grabbed my attention because the names of the characters we know are actually different from the movie versions, because, as it turns out, Aladdin stories have been told for a while.  The first sentence is intriguing and definitely grabs the reader’s attention right away.  The physical layout of the pages overall was good and easy to use.  The only complain I have it that the pages seemed kind of bland and didn’t have much going for them and if I were to do Aladdin I would make sure the pages are mythical and intriguing that interest the readers but that that is just my opinion.

The second topic I chose was OU's Haunted Halls. I am familiar with the library here being supposedly haunted, but I have never really researched into it.  This topic definitely piqued my interest because I love horror films and writings, and this falls right into that category. The title is perfect because right when you see it, you understand what you are about to read about. The creative first sentence in the introduction starts off light and then turns dark and for me, that is something that drew me in right off the bat and I wanted to know more.  The dark tones of the pages and the pictures of campus at night really work well with the whole theme of OU being haunted. The layout of this storybook is definitely very easy to use since the tabs are right at the top of the pages and it makes switching between stories simple.  The way that the creator constructed everything really allows the reader to get immersed in the “ghost stories” that are being told. 


My third topic that interested me was King Arthur in Japan.  I love everything that has to do with King Arthur.  He has always interested me when I was younger and even to this day still does!  The title alludes to the fact that Arthur ended up in Japan which I was not aware of and I instantly wanted to know more.  The introduction does a good job of letting us know that this story is going to be about King Arthur but set in Japan.  I thought that was a very interesting take on the story and I very much enjoyed it. The page layout is very simplicity and I enjoyed the pictures that were included, and the authors notes on why he made the animals certain characters.  I could tell he was definitely taking his job a lot more seriously than most.  The page scheme is kind of bland with the story just printed on a white background but what definitely helped it was the black bar to the left with the topics listed. It kind of gives the mystique that this story is going to be dark.  The one design feature I am going ot use is outing the topics on the side bar for easy interaction.


King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)
NA for photographer. Source: IMDB









Comments

Popular Posts