Topic Research: King Arthur Stories

King Arthur Finding Excalibur
The first story that I am going to focus on will be King Arthur finding Excalibur.  The reason I like this story is it because it is unique with the Journey that Arthur takes that eventually leads him to the sword.  I know for a fact there are many different variations of this story so it would be kind of cool to give two or more different versions of it to see what most of them have in common.  This story is definitely a coming of story for him because it is really where we see him become a man

The Treachery of Queen Morgan Le Fay
The second story that I want to tell is the treachery of Morgan Le Fe.  The only real thing that I know about Morgan is that she was a witch and often quarreled with merlin.  I have not been privy to the many stories that followed her during King Arthurs time.  I found this story interesting because it is the first story that has to do with Morgan trying to kill King Arthur.  I think it would be interesting to figure out why she tried to have Arthur killed, because I don't think he ever wronged her unjustly.

The Death of Sir Lancelot and the Queen
The third and final story that I am going to focus on will be the death of Sir Lancelot and of the Queen.  The reason I want to tell this story is because it is not really known.  What most people know is Arthur dying along with his knights.  We never really get the full picture of what happens after Arthur dies, and even though this is about Lancelot and Guinevere it is intriguing to find out that they were the last one alive and it makes you wander what hard become of them after Arthur passed.

King Arthur and the Knights around the Holy Grail (1475)
Évard d'Espinques; Source: Wikicommons


Comments

  1. Hello again Andrew!
    After reading your storybook research, I got intrigued and wanted to find your storybook and read it. I have never really read the story of Merlin or excalibur, but the story was in a show that piqued my interest. For storybook commenting I will be sure to find yours and read it--I cannot wait to see how you transformed these stories into you own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts