Week 8 Reading and Writing

I feel that doing these reading and writing assignments are going well for me.  When I first saw the format of this class I was scared because I am not the best at writing.  I feel that as the class has progressed, I have gotten a lot better with writing and telling stories. I did have to change my blog layout because I felt the first one was not really me. I feel that the new layout is nerdier, like me.  I think my project website looks great, but I may make adjustments to it in the future.  The blog posts and the story that I have written have been a lot of fun to do.  I feel that as time as has gone on my stories have gotten more detailed and descriptive. 

 My biggest accomplishment in this class has got to be the fact I did not drop it when I saw how much typing/writing was going to be required.  Taking 12 hours and working over 40 hours a week is hard enough and I didn’t think there was any way that I would have been able to keep up with this class. My favorite reading has got to be the first Sinbad story because it gave me background information on him that I did know there was. I feel that my reading notes due in fact help me when I am writing my story.  I am able to see what was included in the original story and from that I can figure out what I need to add to make it better.  I feel that I knew most of these strategies form high school and from being in college so long.  I am hoping that I come across some that can help me become a better writer.

King Arthur and the Knights around the Holy Grail (1475)
Évard d'Espinques; Source: Wikicommons

The reason I chose this image for my story book is because it represents the family that King Arthur had during his reign of Camelot.  Most of the time people just view the knights of the Round Table as his lackeys.  I feel that this picture shows how he felt that they were apart of his family and were his best friends.

Comments

Popular Posts