Reading Notes Part A: The Eagle's Revenge

 This story was very vague and short.  The overall story just needed more substance to it to make much sense.  I really have a lot of questions to ask then I have answers.  First, how in the world were we supposed to know that the eagle was actually a brother to the stranger.  I feel that they threw that fact in at the ending so that we would not be confused on why people were dying. Speaking of people dying, why were the rattlers the only ones who died? It seems that all they were doing was contributing got the eagle dance and they were not the3 ones who killed the Eagle.  The hunter is mentioned at the beginning of the story but once the stranger makes his appearance he is not involved in the story ever again.  So, the stranger just let the hunter live even though he killed his brother?  Why, when the stranger says, "Hi," to everyone do they suddenly die? Also, I know that Eagles are sacred and the point of this story is that no one should ever kill Eagles.  Why couldn't that be the point of the whole story instead of having some stranger kill off random people for supposedly being related to the Eagle. I really wish there were more answers to these questions that I have. It is unlikely that they will ever be answered.  I would not advise anyone to read this story at all, as it makes no sense.  I will probably use this story as the one I retell and give more details and background to have it make sense.

Bald Eagle (July 2007)
Vtornet. Source: Wikicommons


Bibliography. Gibbs, Laura. The Eagle's Revenge. The Eagle's Revenge

Comments

Popular Posts