Reading Notes Part A: Canterbury Tales: The Unknown Bride


I really enjoyed this story a lot.   I did my storybook on King Arthur so I thought this would be perfect to keep apart of my reading notes.  What I really liked is that we got to see how Queen Guinevere governed.  When Arthur found out a knight had been doing some evil stuff, he was not having it and passed him off to his queen.  I think this story was a way of reminding all the young men growing g up that you should always be aware of what women want not just what you want. I thought that it was empowering that Arthur let his queen decide the bad knight’s punishment.  It shows that Arthur was a just leader but also a funny one.  The best part of this whole story is the fact that Guinevere tells the knight at he must learn what women want in a year or he will be in trouble.  I mean since when have you heard of Queen dishing out punishment back in the days of Camelot.  I really applauded the progressiveness that was being shown.  It is also an interesting story because we get an insight into what the knight was thinking while he went on the quest. A big question that I have is why didn’t the knight just make something up as an answer? Why did he go around and try to find out the real answer? It seems to me like it would have been easier to just bullshit something.  This story did a good job of keeping me interested and not being boring.  I honestly cannot wait to read what happens next and I feel like anyone who reads this would feel the same.
A Knight. (December 31, 1509)
Vittore Carpaccio. Source: Wikipedia



Bibliography: Gibbs, Laura. Canterbury Tales: The Unknown Bride. Canterbury Tales: The Unknown Bride

Comments

Popular Posts