Reading Notes Part B Canterbury Tales: The Cock, the Hen, and the Fox


I have always heard about this story become but never read it or understood what it was about.  I will say that after reading the story it felt a little blah.  It was hard to just read the story straight through.  I found myself stopping and getting distracted by other things.  I think one downside to this story is that it is not that interesting and is not able to keep the reader’s attention.  Maybe the reason it wasn’t that great is because I like horror or action stories.  I feel like those types of stories have more substance and it is easier to visualize the characters that we are presented. Granted, this story is a classic one that I know most kids are told so I understand that it hasn’t really changed, but maybe it should to keep the interested of the reader.

I thought the structure of the story was done nicely.  I felt that all parts of the story flowed well together.  Granted, while I did have to keep reading the story over and over to fully understand what was going on, it finally made sense. While this story is not necessarily breath taking or able to keep the reader’s attention, it is able to fully develop the characters and provide a great story.  One thing that I do enjoy while reading is that a story has well developed and liked characters that I can get behind. If someone was looking for a good read that really has characters that really progressive the narrative, then I would suggest this one.


Fox and the Rooster. (2016)
NA. Source: Max Pixel

Bibliography: Gibbs, Laura. Canterbury Tales: The Cock, the Hen, and the Fox. Canterbury Tales: The Cock, the Hen, and the Fox

Comments

Popular Posts